Saturday, January 24, 2014
It was my Birthday on Thursday and now i'm 20! Sure, i'm not 21 yet, but the year of being 20 is the year for me: In about five months time I finish my third year of study where I will then take a break, work my butt off and save to go to Japan for the rest of the year. I want 20 to be a good mix of hard work and enjoyment, with friends and family before making big leaps and bounds into the unknown. The year of 20 will be a good one, I can feeeel it in me bones...
But for now, let me share with you the experience of my 20th Birthday through some photos I took through-out the day!
WARNING There are a lot of photos...
First stop that morning was brunch! Pancakes, to be precise. Here are some photos of me drinking a lovely iced chocolate while I taught Jonathan to use my camera like a pro.
Here is a photo of a giant crane- look at that beautiful blue sky.
Next stop was the Christchurch Gondola! We tried to haggle for a cheaper price on the photo they took of us as we got in the gondola but couldn't work our magic, so here is the next best thing.
The view from the top- looking towards Summer and New Brighton.
It was beautiful up there in the tussocks. Heaps of fun. My camera only had a little battery in it, which I wish I had known before we went. I would have taken so many more photos if it hadn't died. We grabbed an ice-cream and drink at the top before we headed back down- just the perfect day for it too.
Later that night I found myself a good Chinese food supplier, downed some chicken and corn soup and fried rice then it was nice chillaxed evening at home after that- we were both really tired out.
Hope you enjoyed this little photo-documentary from my Birthday. Next is my 21st- Now won't that be exciting!
Hope you enjoyed this little photo-documentary from my Birthday. Next is my 21st- Now won't that be exciting!
On another note, this week has been a really big week. Jonathan and I have been slowly packing and cleaning out our things to move on Sunday. We made huge progress today but there is still so much to do! I will admit, most of our stuff is mine. I have about six duffle bags of clothing plus another five or six plastic bags of clothes to donate. I also have an entire room of boxes dedicated to my stuff. It's a little ridiculous how much I have but I don't have the heart to throw anything out- I love my things!
Next week is also another biggie. I have to start preparing to go back to school (which I am not looking forward to). I'll have to work extra hard to keep this blog rolling from now on. I have big plans for the next few months, sharing with you some awesome DIY projects that I have lined up and monthly topics like Tech Tuesday, Prep for Japan and 31 Day Clothing Challenges. On top of that, I have to keep up my 365 Photo Challenge (which is slipping).
I will be sure to post some photos of our new house when we get in! Jono and I are super excited for this year and can't wait to share our stories with you!
Chow,
Emily.















No comments:
Post a Comment