January || Wants and Wishes

Thursday, January 8, 2015


As you may, or may not know, January is my birth month and also my favourite month. I take my birthday very seriously, which Jonathan thinks is odd. I refuse to do anything but me time on my birthday which includes going to school or work. I think your birthday is the most special day of the year to celebrate you! This year I am really unsure what I would like to do. I've been thinking of getting a nice breakfast with my boyfriend or dinner and desert, maybe do some shopping, go up the gondola and take some photos... I guess I have a few things in mind but nothing set in stone.

January, this January in particular, is also very special because Jonathan and I are moving into our own place on the 25th! We're super excited to have a place to call somewhat-home. At the moment we're trying to sort the last few things before we move in. It's a very exciting time for me- I can't wait to show you what I've done with the place once we've got our things all sorted. I've also got a few DIY projects planned through out the year so stay tuned!

I would like to share with you my January/ Birthday Wishlist and items that are on my radar or have been for quite a while.



The first is a Large Ceramic Container from Iko Iko, an eclectic store that started in Wellington. They have all sorts of cute and quirky things. I have a smaller, thinner version of this Jar but it is a little small and i'd love to add more and make it a collection for my kitchen!

Next is a super cute Puppycat plushie. I was trying to Google one I had seen previously on my internet adventures but this seems to be official stock. To be honest I just want something Bee and Puppycat like a Pop! Bobblehead figurine or something but they don't exist just yet...

Down the bottom is a sailor seifuku shirt. I found this picture on Tumblr ages ago and the original was a shirt someone was selling on Etsy. I've been looking around the internet for ages trying to find something similar. I know you can find heaps of these online but I don't want it to look super dorky, I want one that looks a little quirkier, bolder, more of a statement piece than half a cosplay.

Up the top are a pair of Crochet Lover OTK Socks that i've been looking at buying for ages! I've seen a few images of people wearing similar style socks and they look good in them, but I have thick, white pastey thighs so I think i'd be better with a grey. I have a lot of thigh high and OTK socks but not a pair that look like these!

Below the socks is a Custom Made Camera Bag Insert. I found this on Etsy while looking for a good quality camera bag to slip all my cameras and camera bits in. It's perfect because I can buy a bag that's a little less expensive and just what I want, then get this custom bag made to fit inside it- and in my favourite colour too!

On the far right is something I spotted in Kikki.k the other day. It's a Leather A5 Compendium. I need a new diary for this year and i'm thinking I will make something myself but I'm terrible at covers so I though buying something like this would be great to slip my custom diary (or notebook) into. I'm still looking around though, they're expensive and last a while so I will be very picky in my choosing.

The final item today is a bag I found hiding on the bottom shelves of Typo- the Harry Bag. I've always wanted a classic bag like this. My best friend had one in high school then they sorta became a fashion statement (hers was authentic second hand though- she wins). It would look nice as a camera bag and it's a decent size too.

I'm sure this list could go on and on but I'll need those to fill my February Wants and Wishes post. If you have any suggestions relating to these items or just wanting to comment then feel free to do so below!

Thanks yall,
Emily.



No comments:

Post a Comment