Thursday November 12 2015
Heyo! Sorry, it’s been awhile guys! Been super busy working my butt off, saving for my January adventure. I thought I’d finally start my japan prep series and get into blogging again. I miss taking photos and getting my voice out there and I've got some awesome things planned for this blog when I go away. Here's the beginning of my new series, The Japan Prep Series. Enoy!
I thought I’d try get
back into it with a post on my current plans and where I intend to go. I got
this super cool book by Lonely Planet, aptly named Japan. I've read almost 350
pages and I’m not yet halfway. It's been really cool, reading about all the awesome
places that I could go to, imagining the snow on the mountains, bathing with
strangers in the snow, and enjoying all that a Japanese winter has to offer.
I've read through Tokyo and the Five Great Lakes in the Mt Fuji area. I read
down the coast and over the Japanese alps to the west coast. Finally I've made
it to Kyoto, which is another big section in the book, and I will continue on
to read about Osaka, Nara and Kobe, where my friends are, and the rest of the
Kansai area.
Last week, I finally
got a new passport and the photo looks quite nice. Not nice enough to post
online (mostly for legal reasons). I don't want people going round stealing my
identity.
I had a small epiphany
last week and not a good one. It hit me, the reality of finally going to japan.
It didn't happen so much when I bought my tickets but it was looking at
apartments for the third time that it dawned on me. The think I was so
overwhelmed at the idea of going to a place where I barely speak the language
and know no one (except a small few). I think also that I've been reading
through this book and i really want to see everything that japan has to offer
but I think that might be a stretch on my budget - and my feet. So when I get
through reading about the Kansai area I'll stop tabbing every page and just tab
the important ones. (That, and I'm running out stickies….). It truly sounds
like an incredible place and I can't wait to plant my feet on Japanese soil.
Everyday gets me a little bit closer...
Thanks for reading
guys!
Emz.
Emz.
PS. I've got some cool photos on their way...

No comments:
Post a Comment