Saturday 7 February 2016
Business is not booming... yet. But things are ticking along. I've signed up for a few places online just to get a few little jobs here and there but I haven't put in a determined effort to keep my eye out for anything big. I've been working slowly at getting my website up and running. It's almost done! But, the website that I was using for some "inspiration" I've just ended up plagiarising... which is a real shame because my site looks beautiful. So back to the drawing board maybe...
In the meantime here are some things I've learned this week.
Keep the kitchen tidy.
Ok, this is something i've actually learned over the last two weeks. But eliminating one of the worst distractions in our house, the kitchen, helps a lot when you're trying to work from home. For the past few days i've been on "kitchen patrol" making sure that the next day we have bowls for breakfast and plates for lunch. Dinner dishes aren't so bad, because I usually needs to clean something before I start tea anyways. But getting rid of this distraction, means that it's not making me flustered throughout the day when I have to wash a chopping board, a knife, then a plate, oh, and my breakfast plate and a spoon... you get the idea.
Free work is hard.
I've taken on two, non-profit jobs over the last two weeks but I haven't even made progress on either of them. I've been procrastinating and doing my own stuff, which I really shouldn't complain about because I don't think I would have got it done otherwise but it does worry me about when it comes to real-life paid clients. Getting my site up and running isn't a bad thing to prioritise but maybe I should schedule in some time to get these other projects done too.
There is never enough time in the day.
Between my other commitments, skating, work, spending time with my boyfriend/helping him with his job, I don't really get all the things done that I want to. Unless I get up earlier (which I'm hopeless at) or stay up into the night (much easier). But with a change in my job coming up it means that I'm going to have even less time. I've tried fitting everything into the day, but at the moment I have the worst distraction of all, my partner, who keeps roping me into things when really I can't afford to (although it's nice to spend time with him).
It was a slow week but I can't let that stump me. I need to stay on top of things and keep working towards my goals.
Fight-oh! Fight-oh!

No comments:
Post a Comment